Wednesday, August 20, 2008

body pump 67

Body Pump is my favourite class at the gym. I love it. If you don't know what it is, look here. Basically, 8 working tracks plus warm up and cool down, each focusing on a different muscle group - legs (squats), chest, back, triceps, biceps, legs (lunges), shoulders, abs. All good. Trick is to pick just the right weights to use so that your muscles fatigue about 10 seconds before the end of the track.


The new pump cd was released last week (number 67). Has anyone done it yet? There are some changes in a couple of the tracks. I don't get the point of the rows in the second half of the bicep track. Am I doing them wrong? I think it would hurt a whole lot more if we just kept on with the normal curls.

3 comments:

  1. I haven't done it yet because I have completely stopped going to the gym - argh! This may be the incentive I need to go back....

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, the launch for 67 is in a few days but the instructor did give us a teaser for the biceps.
    The form is similar to the rows however:
    * you have to pull straight up (around the point of yr rib)); and
    * your arms brushing up close to the side of your body. .
    You will feel your biceps screaming. If you don't feel the biceps, ask the instructor after class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next monday we will launch BP 67. It's a great release with a lot of different songs.
    Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete