Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Xn friends vs non-Xn friends on weightloss

On the first of August I stepped on the scales and found that I was 7.5kg heavier than I'd like to be. I love food (how much chocolate slice is enough?) and have put on weight, despite exercise, by eating far too much over the last year or so. Not the end of the world, but my summer wardrobe works best if I can actually fit into the clothes. So I thought I'd lose some weight.

The CSIRO diet works a treat for me. I don't follow their menu plan (much too much work!), just the basic idea - 2 weetbix for breakfast, 2 slices of bread + 100g of protein for lunch, 200g of protein for dinner, low fat yoghurt for dessert, 2 pieces of fruit a day and unlimitied veges (not potatoes). I set myself the goal of losing 1kg per week. 7.5kg in 7.5 weeks. I know it's achievable for me (though the last couple of kgs could be tough). So far I'm on track.

What I've been most surprised by is the difference in response between my christian and non-christian friends when I've told them my aim. Almost all of my christian friends thought that 7.5 weeks was a pretty short time in which to lose the weight. But on three separate occasions, non christian friends have said something like, "I guess there are good reasons for taking a slower approach to weight loss..." Slower?!?

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to say I love your blog Simone! I think 7.5 kg in 7.5 weeks would be a great acheivement (I know I couldn't do it... I tried LOL! ). I hope you make it. :) Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lucy!

    I had no idea you were a blogger! Good to hear from you. s.

    ReplyDelete