Sunday, September 21, 2008

Idol Review













Luke
sang Jack and Diane. It was a bit off tune.

Brooke sang Betty Davis Eyes. Very nice voice. Very pretty. She looked like she was trying to have betty davis eyes herself - which isn't quite what the song is about.

Madam was a bit off tonight. Subdued. But she was sick so we'll forgive her.

Mark sang I wanna know what love is. He needed to stand up straighter. But maybe he was going for the constipated look.

Tom was awful. He sang Uptown Girl. It sounded about as good as a year 8 talent quest.

Chrislyn showed her True Colours. Thank goodness there was no Kyle 'touchdown' tonight!

I thought Teale was crazy singing I still haven't found what I'm looking for. It was much much much better than last week (even quite good), but really, why try to compete with Bono?

Sophie also sang much better than last week with Sweet Dreams.

Wes sang Dancing in the Dark but didn't need to impress us with his guitar. He was great.

Rushani was good again but makes it look too easy.

Tahn sang Every Breath You Take like the stalker song that it is. Fantastic and slightly concerning.

I particularly enjoyed Wes and Tahn. My bottom two would be Tom and Luke.

What did you think?

6 comments:

  1. Roshani is going to need to be effortlessly brilliant, as she was tonight. That's the only way she's gonna overcome people mis-spelling her name in sms voting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. for me, Sophie's gotta go. She bores me to tears.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yep. I agree. She was much better than last week, but possibly only because she sang the easiest song in the world... with a range of about 5 notes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thinking Wes needs to break out of his formula... the unvaried vibrato, the standard "c'mon" and "yeah" at predictable moments, the awkward gestures...

    He's good - really good, but I'm bored with him. I wanna see him do something terrific like Matt Corby's version of Transatlanticism. Come to think of it though, Corby had trouble with predictable gestures too - maybe it's a guitarist's problem?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Most of the 11 sang pretty well. Teale was impressive and looked confident. I agree with you on Tom, although his teen fanbase will save him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Australia, what are you thinking? Brooke and Thanh in the bottom 3?!?

    ReplyDelete