Sunday, September 28, 2008

Idol Review

Not an inspiring night, over all. Pretty boring actually. So boring that my sister wanted to flick over to 'Dancing with the stars'. Having a celebrity judge isn't great. The celebrity is so keen to suck up to their potential audience (ie. us) that they don't want to say anything negative about anyone in case they're our favourite.

Thanh sang You're The Voice. Farnsey is rarely a good choice. It didn't take off. B.

Chrislyn sang Chains. My sister thinks Chrislyn would be a superstar if she had a gastric band. (I, of course, wouldn't think anything so shallow...) My sister started working out how many kilos Chrislyn could lose before the end of the series is she did the procedure tomorrow. A.

Tom has got to go. He sang Light Surrounding You which, at it's best, is a dreadful song (so preachy!), and it definitely wasn't at it's best. D+.

Marcia may have found Teale sexy, but I didn't. B-.

Rushani sang Heading in the right direction. It was really good, as always, but I find that I don't care. A-

Wes is always convincing. He sang Friday On My Mind and it was great. A. (My sister says A+.)

Luke will lose his voice soon and go back to sheep shearing. And we'll get over it. B-.

Sophie sang Don't Hold Back. Yeah, it was probably better, but I'm still not sold. C+.

Mark sang Age of Reason and again, I didn't care. B-.

Madam has to learn how to choose songs. Hook Me Up didn't work. B-.

1 comment:

  1. was a pretty boring night. I love Madam, but even she didn't stand out. Roshani was good. Rock guy with hat is ok, but he feels like a bit of a one trick pony to me.

    Cryslin was probably good, but because of my deepseated loathing of Tina Arena I couldn't tell.

    Sophie picked up her game but still needs to go pretty soon.

    ReplyDelete