Sunday, October 12, 2008

Idol Review

Rock night didn't really rock. Here's my summary.

Luke : Are you gonna go my way
Fun, but is it shallow that I want him shorter and leaner? He's trying to do the Shannon Noll thing, he just doesn't sing as well or look as good.

Thanh : Shadow of the day
Lose the piano! What's the point of sitting behind it if you're only playing sustained chords? We know that you can play... either play something impressive or just sing. I'm a little bored.

Sophie : Anna's Song
She's very pretty and knows what she can do well. Still bored...

Teale: Slide
Desperately bored. I wonder if they even bothered plugging in his guitar. I'm sure someone in the band could cover the four chords he's playing. If I could negative vote I would. I'd channel surf if I had a remote handy... This is not good.

Rushani : The Pretender
At last someone looks like they're putting in some effort. Not my cup of tea, but pretty good.

Wes : Desire
I love this guy. He alone makes the whole hour and a half worthwhile. He does U2 without looking try hard. He's got it all. [But what's with the stupid light show?]

Chrislyn : Don't Speak
Start wasn't so good, but it got better. I think this AI experience is going to kill Chrislyn. She is so young and so vulnerable. I think she's put on weight in the last few weeks which is a sign that she's not coping.

Mark : Sex on Fire
Not sure I like the song but he rocks. Impressed with the fire-transpire rhyme.

Overall, not such a great night. Top two: Wes and Mark. Bottom two: Teale and Chrislyn.

What did you think?

4 comments:

  1. I'm sick of it, to be honest. Even the best aren't really THAT gtreat. No one stands out as having that 'it' thing that real stars have.

    Still, Roshani, Mark and Wes were good. The rest were hopeless.

    I can't bear that Marcia can say Teale is sexy. This baffles me and makes me despair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you Ben. Rapidly losing interest.

    Thanh's gone. Why is teale still around?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was very pleased with the bottom three. All 3 duds made it. I would have been happy with any result. I know you have a bit of a than softspot, but geez he was pretty hit and miss, and kinda cheesy and icky. Had to go eventually.

    What killed e last night was everytime the judges would try and give the 3 advice, you could tell they werent taking it on. They'd nod, smile and say 'too easy', but you know they aren't gonna change a thing. Grrrrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not crying over Thanh. He's been very hit and miss. Yes, and cheezy. I still would have prefered to lose Thanh. I'd probably like Teale more if Marcia thought I (as a female) liked him less.

    ReplyDelete