Monday, December 15, 2008

alternate carol arrangements

If anyone has interesting ways of arranging christmas carols, do share.

Last night at our carols service I was nearly falling off my piano stool in boredom. It was only the odd carol which we managed to do something new with that kept me awake.

Post your ideas here so I can try them out next year - or next week at church, or on christmas day.

(Don't get me wrong, I love singing christmas carols. But playing a dozen back to back can get a wee bit tedious.)

In the mean time... Here's what we did with Silent Night.

Silent night is in 6/8 time. How nice. Singers sang it that way. We played accompaniment in 12/16 time. Kind of like this:























Added some seconds to most chords as well. Sweet.

1 comment:

  1. very nice. I like playing Silent Night filled with 2nds and 6ths, with lots of suspension resolutions.

    ReplyDelete