Monday, December 1, 2008

Australia

It's our 13th wedding anniversary tomorrow, so Andrew and I went out to the movies tonight*. We saw Australia. I don't see many movies, but the slight patriotic streak in me wanted to see this one. Truth is, I love Australian scenery and I love the idea of the whole world seeing it.

Australia is an epic. It's like watching 3 movies back to back. The sound track is a little hard to handle (with its not-so-subtle waltzing matilda motif) and the bad guys really do wear black hats, but... I enjoyed it. Visually it's nice and the story could have been a lot worse.

Anyone else seen it yet?

* It was either go out tonight or have a romantic trip to presbytery together tomorrow night.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!

    And no, I haven't seen it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. in this poster our hugh and nicole look like they've just sat thru the movie..

    ReplyDelete