Friday, December 26, 2008

is it just me...

... or is christmas spiritually insignificant for others too?

I don't feel bad about this. Christians aren't compelled to keep this particular festival. I make the most of it evangelistically, but I spend plenty of time during the year thinking about the incarnation so Christmas isn't so special in that way.

What do others think? I like the opportunity to give gifts. I like the parties and family times. I like that Jesus is on the agenda. But I'm not feeling a whole lot, spiritually.

How about you?

4 comments:

  1. oh, good. I'm glad I don't feel the same way either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stuss are you saying you're glad you don't feel the same way as the general population? Or the same way as Simone...

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I sometimes wonder what all the fuss is about too. For me it's a bit of an anti-climax - bring on Resurrection Day! It also feels kind of bland when you don't have any family or friends, apart from your spouse, with whom to spend it.

    My sister said she'd been invited to several places because she's a "Christmas orphan" (no immediate family in town and no significant other). On the other hand, we live in a different town with no immediate family and received no invites anywhere - perhaps because we "have each other"?

    ReplyDelete
  4. let me say that again.

    I'm glad someone else feels the same as me.

    it wasn't even late when I wrote that!

    ReplyDelete