Saturday, March 28, 2009

The economy is getting back on track....

... or mine is anyway.

I worked Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and am now exhausted and maybe a little sick.

It was fun, but I'm not used to so much work after my very lazy start to the year.

I have another 6 days of work booked up before easter. I'm doing one classroom day, then a week as a music teacher.

Music teaching is full-on. If I don't pace myself I'll finish a music teaching day with very little voice left. There's no silent reading time in the music classroom. I can get the kids to do 'silent listening', though, to give my voice a break. How about a fill-in-the-blanks worksheet to accompany Benjamin Britten's Young Person's Guide To The Orchestra? Wonder if the kids would be up to that... I'm going to two different schools. It would probably pay to work up such a thing (I made one 10 years ago, and if I were organised would still have it...). I could probably use it with 9 classes over the week.

1 comment:

  1. I think every one of my primary classes had the pleasure of Britten, Peter and the Wolf or The Nutcracker everytime I had to leave work when I wasn't there. I think that's what those suites were originally composed for.

    ReplyDelete