Tuesday, March 10, 2009

joel-isms

Joel had a reading test at school today. Apparently he did well and came out with the scores you would expect from a kid 8 months older than he is. His teacher was surprised. Perhaps he's ready to move on from reading support?

But perhaps not. Tonight he was back to his dyslexic old self.

Here's a few examples.

I can't run = I can turn
there/where= here
this = his
left = felt (here there's some opposition when I ask him to try again. No, mummy, it really says felt. F-e-l-t.)
the = 'he' or 'a' or 'that' or nothing at all.

I've gotten quite fond of these Joel-isms. They've been with us for the last 2 years. But now I feel I should record them because, judging by his test today, they're on the way out.

2 comments:

  1. I am wondering if the teacher or the support teacher tested him?

    ReplyDelete
  2. His teacher - who is very good and also is also the head of learning support.

    He had to read sentences that got increasingly difficult and stop when he made a certain number of errors.

    ReplyDelete