Monday, March 9, 2009

twist music ministry conference

I am looking forward to twist this year. There are two conferences: twist away, a live in conference at Port Hacking from the 12th to the 14th of June and a very schmick single day event on the 24th October featuring Keith Getty.

I'll be at both and am just starting to think about the live-in conference. Last year Twist was non-residential, but a few of us were accommodated together. It was fun staying up late gossiping with SB and PP. I think the weekend away format will work really well for workshop training. You can't flick between workshops, but have to commit to one strand for the entire weekend - instrumental, vocal, writing or sound.

I'm helping lead the songwriting strand. The idea is that we have heaps of time to learn the theory together, do writing exercises, work individually on our own songs and get personalised feedback. I have felt the lack of time frustration with previous Twists. I think it would be great if by the end of the weekend, everyone had a reasonably polished song to take back to try in their churches. Sound like fun? I think so.

If you are someone who likes to write (I'm speaking to you, blogger!), you should come along. Even if you're not a music person. There are many people out there who can write tunes, but not so many who can write decent lyrics.

2 comments:

  1. Oh fantastic! That sounds wonderful. Gonna have to save up so I can go to both. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come to songwriting! I'd love to see your stuff!

    ReplyDelete