Friday, May 8, 2009

47 comments this week!

Wow! This has been my best week yet for comments. 47! Thanks guys.

For those interested in the gentle art of comment-fishing, here are some hints:

Everyday ethical issues posts draw comments.

Disgusting facts attract I-can't-believe-you-posted-that comments.

Specifically directed help-me posts draw helpful comments. I'm grateful.

Craft posts do okay.

Stupid posts do better than they deserve to.

Poems are a waste of time, comment-wise. I posted two brand new poems this week. They took longer to write than all the other posts put together. But comments? Zero.

Most frequent commenter? Laetitia (or was it me?)

I love comments. So thanks everyone!

7 comments:

  1. But I shared one of the poems. It was a good one!

    What's worth more in the blog-love stakes, a 'comment' or a 'share' would you say?

    ReplyDelete
  2. that pretty good, I'd be lucky to get that in a year. It would help if i posted more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gordon, I'll take blog-love however it comes! Thanks for linking to Jupiter. I didn't count it as a poem post cause it also contained other stuff (which drew the comments) and the poem wasn't new. But I'm glad you liked it. Romantic nonsense is fun to write.

    Naomi - Thanks for your comments. Always nice... I imagine you sitting over there in the cold (is it still cold?) thinking I have nothing to do but research the effects of asparagus... It's getting a little chilly here. The boys have started wearing shirts to bed (not every night, but sometimes).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I really liked the Hallmark sonnet. But I didn't comment. SO there you go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh it's not that cold, 13c feels really good. You can go out without a coat and even dry washing on the line. If we come home i think the heat will kill us, but that not reason not to. I say bring on October (my sis is getting married) i want sunshine and warmth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Georgina. Thanks!

    Naomi - will you all come out in October?

    ReplyDelete