Thursday, May 14, 2009

In my digestive tract... Round-about rhyme #1











In my digestive tract there squirms
a thriving colony of worms
How do I know that they are there?
I can't sit still upon my chair
I feel an itch I have to scratch
And know that there's another batch.
I chewed my nails, they were not clean
And now these brutes, they eat my spleen
But what is this? A little trick
to help my bowel give them the kick?
A tasty chocolate pill to chew
It's laced with chemicals that woo
the wriggly creatures out to feast
then knocks them flat. This poisonous treat
will kill the squatters, dead today
Good riddance to them all, I say!
So let my tummy caution you
Or you'll suffer the same fate too
Be sure to follow Mum's commands
and wash and scrub those dirty hands.

by wendy, simone, nathan, mel, and ben

3 comments:

  1. Thanks guys. Well done. As you can see, I had to add a few more syllables here and there to make 8 per line... Sorry. Couldn't help it.

    It was fun. Might make the round-about poem a regular feature and do a new one every couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. grossly good! round about rhyme about round worms. bring on one about scabs or dandruff!
    CL

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should have told us you wanted 8 syllables per line...I guess that is what you get for playing rhyming games with a song writer!

    ReplyDelete