Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I'm bribing my kids...

They get 40c put into their money boxes when they can play a tune from their piano book. When they finish the whole book we cut open the money box and they get the money.

It's a new system. I was convicted at twist that I need to get our kids learning music. Unless I teach them, they won't learn how to play. I need to push through the whinge. (As a child, I was a chronic piano practice whinger. Glad my mum pressed on!)

But there is no whinge today. The kids are all very keen about the monetary rewards. And I'm exhausted. How many lessons can I teach in a 24 hour period? So far, 6. It's intense, but I'm sure it won't last. By next week I may have to raise the pay.

3 comments:

  1. *grin* Wish I could do the same with my piano students...except that such a scheme would be rather self-defeating. (They're supposed to be paying me.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever you do, don't let your boys see this blog post or they won't practise until you raise the pay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you teach the boys yourself? When did you start them?

    ReplyDelete