Tuesday, August 4, 2009

ENTP

Got to love personality profiles that tell you how great you are.


As an ENTP, your primary mode of living is focused externally, where you take things in primarily via your intuition. Your secondary mode is internal, where you deal with things rationally and logically.

With Extraverted Intuition dominating their personality, the ENTP's primary interest in life is understanding the world that they live in. They are constantly absorbing ideas and images about the situations they are presented in their lives. Using their intuition to process this information, they are usually extremely quick and accurate in their ability to size up a situation. With the exception of their ENFP cousin, the ENTP has a deeper understanding of their environment than any of the other types.

This ability to intuitively understand people and situations puts the ENTP at a distinct advantage in their lives. They generally understand things quickly and with great depth. Accordingly, they are quite flexible and adapt well to a wide range of tasks. They are good at most anything that interests them. As they grow and further develop their intuitive abilities and insights, they become very aware of possibilities, and this makes them quite resourceful when solving problems.

ENTPs are idea people. Their perceptive abilities cause them to see possibilities everywhere. They get excited and enthusiastic about their ideas, and are able to spread their enthusiasm to others. In this way, they get the support that they need to fulfill their visions.

Does anyone have a dud personality type?

7 comments:

  1. Simone, I just realised we are EXACT opposites: I am an ISFJ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could we ever be friends?

    Does this description match you?
    http://www.personalitypage.com/ISFJ.html

    And yet we both blog...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we could be friends. My best friend sounds like this and husband almost does too. I need you to come over and make my house look as nice as your blog design does.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, such things are fun.

    Usually, I get INTJ. Selectively quoting, you could see it as a 'dud' personality:

    "INTJs spend a lot of time inside their own minds, and may have little interest in the other people's thoughts or feelings. Unless their Feeling side is developed, they may have problems giving other people the level of intimacy that is needed."

    Then again, it's better than the other personality I got when I did a test on a different site in a time of emotional stress. I think the result was something like: "You are a disturbed person. You need help."

    *grin*

    *ignores personality tests and gets on with being as nice as she can anyway*

    ReplyDelete
  6. When applying to become missionaries, we were personality tested by professionals. Actually it turned out to be a very positive thing. We've used those analyses for much good. I loved their observation about myverbal skills. They typed me as "highly articulate". What'd'ya reakon? By the way, we're almost the same. I'm ENFP. Practically the same except you think more that I do - presumably!

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I first tested I was an INFP, then three years later I was an ENFP. Go figure!

    ReplyDelete