Sunday, August 30, 2009

Idol Review - Wildcard

I enjoyed idol tonight. Here are my thoughts:

Lucie - Boogie Wonderland
Hated the song. A grandmother selection. She has a great voice, but I don't care.

Casey - Never Say Never
I am a sucker for this kind of soppy song so should have loved it. I didn't. His falsetto was unconvincing. Didn't cut through.

Aliqua - Power of Love
Yeah. Stupid song choice, but she knew that. A few off notes. The most boring accompaniment ever - this wasn't her fault - but why? She looks fantastic and has a great voice. I'd like to see her again, but don't think it was great.

Lauren - Low
Her diction was bad - I couldn't make out most of the words - but I like her and almost hope she gets through. She's a belter (which goes down well on AI) and is pretty and interesting. Nothing compared to Hayley, though.

Tim - Yesterday
I disagree with the judges. Hated it. If only he would just sing the song! And his eyes look fidgetty on the camera. I'd like to hear him again if he could ditch the soul thing.

Ed - White Noise
Nice in spots but overall, ordinary. Why this song? The original is fantastic and so fresh in our minds. Ed's voice was off pitch and not strong enough.

Tenielle - Kiss Me
I love this song. But I wasn't as sold on it as I wanted to be. She's a frail flower. Frail flowers generally die pretty fast on idol. But she has a spark of something original. Some nice tones. The song needed more smoulder. She looks lovely when she talks and laughs but is flat and boring when she sings. I was worried about her dress.

Toby - With Or Without You
Why do people do U2? Really, why? Just to show everyone how great Bono is? Why compete? I thought Toby's low bits were awful. His high parts were good. He shouldn't hold his hands out like he does because they look ridiculously big. [I like the look of the rest of him, though.]

Hayley - I Do Not Hook Up
Love her. My favourite. So far better than everyone else. I think she's the first girl rocker on Australian Idol who has ever been good. Her take on this song was original and fun. I'd buy it.

Overall - Four I'd like to see get through: Hayley and ... I don't know. Maybe Aliqua, Lauren, Tenielle, Toby... Who do you think should get through?

2 comments:

  1. i don't want to lose interest, but I am. There have only been two people I like- stan and scott, so I'll keep watching for them, but the rest have bored me. All my thoughts can be summed up in that guy Toby. One week sind Coldplay, and the next sing U2. And in the audition do Radiohead. And do all three weak and boring. I can't stand these people whose influences are about a centimetre deep, and who just churn out dull drivel, pale imitations of pale imitations of real music, dammit!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I'm also going to rouse on you for liking the look of him. Come on!! The whole 'I'm so humble I can't look straight on, I dip my head and look from beneath my humble brow'.

    TO THIS I SAY NO!

    I need some attitude, not a polite wet little fish.

    ReplyDelete