Monday, August 24, 2009

The trouble with work...

... is that it's so hard to just do a little bit.

I am working 4 days this week. Don't want to. I should have said no this morning but wasn't thinking.

Today I taught classroom music for a teacher I like and respect who is 8 months pregnant with twins. Today it was 32 degrees. I can understand why she wasn't up to going in to work. I was asked to work because I would actually do music with her kids rather than just do... whatever it is that non-music teachers do when taking music.

But I was already booked up at the kids school to teach PE (!) on Wednesday and Year 5 on Thursday. This afternoon the school called to see if I could also work Friday teaching the same class as Thursday. I said yes because having the same teacher 2 days in a row is clearly best for the kids and because I want to suck up to the kid's school (working there is so convenient and eventually I'd like to only work there).

But now I'm working 4 days this week and tomorrow is flat out hectic anyway (bs/RE). How did this happen?

1 comment:

  1. I *so* know how you feel. I'm working five days this week. And last week. And the week before that. And next week. And the week after that. And after that... :)

    I hope Wednesday P.E. goes well.

    ReplyDelete