Thursday, September 24, 2009

is it legit...

...to put John 1 theology into Mary's mouth for the purpose of a little nativity musical? What do you think?

Song for Mary

1. This child who's sleeping peaceful in his cradle
I'm told he holds the whole world in his hands
A baby yet much older than the mountains
God from God before the universe began
God from God before the universe began

2. How can it be that he should call me mother
Created me yet from my body came
This little one I tend like any other
Is the Lord, the king, all tremble at his name
He's my Lord, my king, I tremble at his name.

CHORUS:
Could an artist jump onto his canvas, give himself
Could a potter become clay upon his wheel?
Could our God, creator, step inside creation?
Has it happened now? How can this be real?
Has it happened now? How can this be real?

BRIDGE:
Jesus, how can this be?
Though I hold you now
You are holding me.

sar 2009

1 comment: