Sunday, October 4, 2009

Idol Review - Pink night.

Tim has gone. Oh well. Glad it wasn't James.

The trouble with Pink night is that Pink songs are gender specific. It just doesn't work having a guy sing Mr. President or So What or Who Knew or Please don't leave me. And changing a word here or there doesn't fix the problem. And guys are 'tools', not girls.

Nathan - Just Like a Pill
Okay. But took the pinkness out of Pink. 7/10.

Scott - So What
No No No! Changing 'husband' to 'girl friend' does make a difference! Losing a girl friend doesn't quite matter as much. And you don't look or sound like a rockstar. Just a guy pretending. Bad pitch. Stupid performance. 3/10.

Stan - Dear Mr. President
Sung okay (2nd half anyway), but the Mr. President thing doesn't work with a guy. 7.5/10.

Kate - Trouble
I like her better without the hat but I'm still bored. Pink with a country twang isn't Pink. It's a dull brown. The final key change seemed a move of desperation. It didn't save anything. Just prolonged the agony. 6/10.

James - Who Knew
Love the song, but it really wasn't him. Can a guy that age sing something like this? I don't think so. (Actually, I don't think any guy can sing this song.) But he's still my favourite. 7/10.

Kim
Better than she has been. Not quite so conscious of her appearance, which made a big difference. She really did do it pretty well, but still it feels plastic compared to Hayley. Poor Kim. Just a matter of time... 8/10

Toby - Please don't leave me
Awful. Lyrics didn't work at all (Dicko's Ted Bundy comment apt), stage presence 0. Please please please don't walk slowly across the stage again! 6.5/10

Hayley - Funhouse
Natural, wonderful, entertaining... I could listen and watch this all night. 9.5/10

Best - Hayley
Worst - Scott

1 comment:

  1. James is my favourite too, and Hayley is growing on me!

    ReplyDelete