Tuesday, October 6, 2009

responsibility

I'm a real teacher for the next few weeks. No more of the heady fun that is supply teaching. No. I am a less-well paid contract teacher. I have a year 3 class for 2.5 days each week and I have to take (shock-horror!) responsibility for their learning. I have to actually teach them set work and assess them! It has been a long time since I've had to do that. And the first time I've ever had to assess primary kids. Here's hoping I can pull something out of the hat.

Tonight I'm learning about dams and the water cycle. We taught a playgroup unit on the water cycle a couple of years ago. My friend wrote this song (to the tune of she'll be comin' round the mountain when she comes)

Oh the water cycle goes around and round
Oh the water cycle goes around and round
It goes up into the air
And back down to the ground
Oh the water cycle goes around and round.

Apparently I wrote a song about water too, but I can't remember it. Might need to trawl through the playgroup files... Playgroup... Year 3... Not too different!

I start on Thursday by taking them on an excursion.

3 comments:

  1. Might need to up the content on that song...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It might be worth checking out back issues of the ABC Sing books / CDs - they usually have a few water themed songs. It think they did a special water / drought themed edition a few years back... maybe around 1999 or 2000? Actually that's alot of years back isn't it!! Have fun :)

    ReplyDelete