Friday, October 16, 2009

Top 5 things that will help you function better in a classroom and perform more adequately as a human being

1. Improve your vocabulary. Four letter words starting with F and Sh should normally be avoided in ordinary interactions. Save them for special occasions.
2. Don't make a big deal of things that aren't a big deal. If someone bumps into your seat while walking past, let it go. It doesn't matter.
3. If you've done something wrong and it's pointed out, apologise quickly and that will probably be the end of it. Arguing it out will generally not help you.
4. If in doubt, do what the teacher has asked.
5. If you are a 12 year old boy, do not touch your female teacher in any way.

8 comments:

  1. Mum would love this. Will send it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last one sounds like it could get nasty...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Simone,

    sounds like you had a hard day. My husband is in his first year of teaching, so we get plenty of ups and downs (but things have improved this term, mainly because he's no longer teaching the year 9 class he had last term).

    I'm actually commenting here to try to get in touch with Helen (Perhaps this comment should have gone under "I'm on a crusade")

    Helen - I saw your husband's music site, and I wanted to ask him a question about one of the hymns mentioned. Only problem is, that you apparently can't make a comment unless you've got an account with one of a number of organisations listed. I noticed that your blog is the same. Is there some way of getting in touch with either of you that I haven't worked out yet?

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Caroline - look me up on face book. If you don't know my surname, look on my husband's blog - 5th one down the side. I'll tell you how to contact helen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my - that has BAD day screaming from the pixels. I love the "save them for special occasions" bit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When my brother was in grade 1 and 2, he used to give his teacher (he had the same teacher both years) shoulder massages... he had just a bit of a crush on her ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Year one and two is great. Year 4 or 5 is fine. Adolescent boy is not.

    ReplyDelete