Wednesday, January 13, 2010

pt - 10 days in

I am a week and a half into my role as Andrew's personal trainer.  After a shakey start (well, he was shakey anyway (and in considerable pain)), I feel like we are making progress. 

Here's the little circuit we did after dinner tonight.

[Swim 1500m (before dinner)]

Circuit 1 - Repeat 3 times, one minute break after each round
  • push ups - 15
  • squat and shoulder press - 10kg x 15
  • skip - 100x
  • plank - 1 minute
  • tricep dips - 15

Circuit 2 - Repeat 3 times
  • lunges - 10kg,  10 each leg
  • bicep curls - 10kg x 15
  • shoulder press - 15
  • side plank - 45 seconds each side
  • chest press - 20kg x 15
He's finding it tough, but considerably less tough than a few days ago.  I'm hoping to increase his weights in the next couple of weeks, and add a third circuit to the program.

He's going pretty well.   The male thing is so unfair.  I've been doing this for years, but at his current rate of improvement he'll overtake me in a couple of months.  

2 comments: