Tuesday, January 26, 2010

school tomorrow!

Tomorrow my children go back to school - years 1, 4 and 5.  I've enjoyed the holidays but it's time.  I'm ready to hand them over and they are surprisingly ready to go.

For the last couple of days I've been sorting out their school stuff.  My kind friend (who has four kids of her own) helped me cover their books (30+) (so far beyond the expectations of any friendship...).  They look beautiful.  Only one of the dozen+ that she contacted had anything like a bubble.  Not so for the ones I did!

But David Tennant makes even a bad contact job attractive!



Anyway, I'm hoping for a few days off.  I'm thinking 6 hours in an air conditioned coffee shop with some books, some pencils and some blank paper.  Bliss!  Surely no teacher will need a sicky this week?

3 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to some kid-free time too! Our contacting happens next week, after the kids go back. The school provides the books (private school :)) and send them home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be rude of a teacher to need a relief teacher in the first week! Your plan sounds good. My youngest is heading off to Kindy for two days a week. I feel strangely torn between shedding a tear or two on the Kindy verandah and skipping all the way home to a peaceful cup of tea and a good book...

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I had cool David Tennant contact covered books, I might be tempted to go back to school. At least for a week.
    Well done Mum! Enjoy the coffee shop Simone.

    ReplyDelete