Friday, January 8, 2010

ten good things I'm looking forward to

The last 2 posts are really negative.  Time for some sunshine.

Ten good things I'm looking forward to

1.  The new creation.  Where good-things lists will be more fun to write than bad-things lists.
2.  Doing weight training with Andrew tonight.  He can walk again now, so there are no excuses! 
3.  A new minister is getting inducted in our neighbouring pressy church tonight.  I'm looking forward to seeing him go well.
4.  Joel being able to read the Lord of the Rings.  He has just listened to the Hobbit on audiobook and is desperate for more.  We are refusing to read him LOTR and won't buy it for him on audiobook.  We're hoping this will motivate him to work hard on his reading so he can read it himself.  At this stage he is just pulling the book off the shelf and looking at it longingly.
5.  Micah doing year 1 this year and learning to read.  I don't think it will be difficult for him and will bring him joy.  He's also desperate to have homework to do.  Bless him!
6.  Lots of babies being born this year.  I'm praying that God will give babies to many friends and this year.  Especially those who have had to wait a long time for this blessing.
7. My bible study group starting up again.
8. Teaching RE with Andrew.  We'll probably do different classes, but the same year level (yr. 2) and at the same time so it will feel like we are working together.
9. Finishing writing my 1-2 Kings sunday school material.
10. Nathan and Robyn joining us at church.

5 comments:

  1. It's in reverse order right? Or you picked 9 other things just to pad the list out to avoid boosting my ego.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's it.

    Hey,are you aiming for 100 comments today, or to comment on 100 different blogs?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aiming to comment on 100 different blogs... I probably posted 100 comments because I got in a bit of a stoush at an atheist blog.

    ReplyDelete