Sunday, February 7, 2010

Awake! A Brand New Day (draft 2)

Awake! A brand new day to praise
Arise and sing, proclaim
The wonders of redeeming love
The pow'r of Jesus' name.
Arise, o church, in all the earth
Your hearts and voices raise,
Awake! The Son has risen high
A brand new day to praise!

Awake! A brand new day to serve
Arise! A day to give
For Christ our Lord gave all to us
And now our lives are his.
Arise! For grace it overflows
From us to all the world
Awake! The son has risen high
A brand new day to serve!

Awake! A brand new day to love
Arise! A day of grace
Be clothed in patience, gentleness
In kindness run the race.
My sister, precious in his sight
My brother, bought with blood
Awake! The son has risen high!
A brand new day to love!

sar 2010

I've moved the verses around changed a few words.  At least one really bad line still remaining.

2 comments:

  1. I'll have a second go at it.

    I'm still sensitive to the same line, though redeeming is fresher. 'Glory of redeeming love'? But it might just be me.

    Also, just noticed (I'm slow) the give/his rhyme. 'And now his grace/love we live'?

    Ignore me, though, I'm pig ignorant ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm undecided on that line whether to go with what I've got 'And now our lives are his' or to make it a stronger rhyme 'And now for him we live'.

    Full rhymes are sometimes a bit much - they pull two lines together like magnets. I'm not sure I want those lines held together so strongly. But I might. 10 points for picking it up.

    Yeah. Glory might be better. I'll think on it.

    s.

    ReplyDelete