Monday, February 15, 2010

breaking the silence

Sorry about the silence. I've been busy working and this computer is as slow as... a playground duty at a outer suburbs high school.  ...And it keeps crashing every time I plug anything in the USB port...

Today I taught one of my favourite classes.  They are nice kids, I know their names, they are not particularly needy, they can work silently, and they have an air conditioned classroom.  While they were doing silent reading, I managed to read 40 pages on my new Chester book.  Unheard of!

I wonder if the computer will crash before I hit 'post'.

5 comments:

  1. They pay you to read Chester?

    What's the book like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm told that you were modelling reading.

    Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes. It is very important to model reading.

    It is an excellent book. Best I've read in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish someone would pay me to read in air-conditioning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did the computer crash before you hit 'send'? I'm assuming it didn't because there's no PS to say it did.

    ReplyDelete