Friday, February 26, 2010

five good things

1. I'm going out with friends tonight.

2. The song we are currently working on is going really well. I think it could be better than anything we've come up with for years.

3. I've really enjoyed the Chester book I've been reading.  In the past I've shyed away from Chester mainly because I don't like the art on the covers of his books.  His books have the appearance of unoriginality and boring tedium.  Now I've actually read one, I will more successfully be able to overlook his publisher's poor taste.

4.  Joel was a (very) little bit sick today so he stayed home.  We went to the art gallery and looked at stuff (rather than do the children's activities) which was good.  Joel is a 3D boy and really likes stuff made out of old metal stuff and sculptures of heads with fish on top.

5.  Today I finally sorted out a work over payment problem that I've been ignoring for months.  I had a threatening phone call yesterday saying they were sending in debt collectors...  The initial problem was not my fault at all.  The pay office overpaid me.  Ignoring all the letters they sent was certainly my fault.   But I spoke to the principal and admin officer at my main school and they have sorted it all out for me and I don't have to fill in a single form.  

No comments:

Post a Comment