Monday, March 29, 2010

not working today

I was all set to say 'no' to work today.  I was going to be firm.  I worked three days last week.  I'm already booked for Wed-Thurs this week.  I've got a talk to give on Wednesday night that is no where near finished.  We don't need the money.  I don't need the stress.  I will say no.  I will.

But work didn't call this morning.

It's one thing for me to reject them, but quite another for them to reject me!  It's raining.  Teachers are always away when it rains!


Why don't they want me?  Maybe they think I'm incompetent.  Maybe I am incompetent.  Maybe I'll never get a call again...

6 comments:

  1. Do you want me to tell you to get a grip, or should I wait for a sensitive female type to come and say it nicely?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truth is, I secretly wanted to work so I didn't have to write this stupid talk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The stupid talk you're delivering this Wednesday?

    If that's your attitude, I might just not turn up...

    (Not that there is a high likelihood of my being able to anyway...but.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. All talks I give are stupid at this stage. Hoping it won't be stupid Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sure it won't be. ;)

    ReplyDelete