Thursday, May 6, 2010

Phillip Dawson


Tomorrow, Joel has to give his talk on Philip Dawson (an obscure soldier who fought in WW1).  He is pretty good at it now.

He did this picture this afternoon.  It's not really Phillip Dawson.  We've got no idea what PD looked like (except that he was 22 years old, 5 foot 7 and 148 pounds).  We traced this guy and coloured him in with charcoals.  I did one too.  Never used charcoals before.  They are scratchy.  I think I prefer soft creamy pastels.

This time tomorrow, Joel will have no more talks to do until August.  We will all breathe a sigh of relief!

2 comments:

  1. Nice picture! I like the look of charcoals, I signed up to do an art course in using them once but sadly it got cancelled so I never got to try them out. Hope the talk goes well, I meant to comment to say I loved the palm cards you posted earlier, Joel has excellent visualisation skills for pictures doesn't he??

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic artwork, Joel! Hope your talk when well.

    ReplyDelete