Sunday, August 15, 2010

pre-mill madness

I've been having some fun reading up on the world's end. Apparently it's to happen on May 21st 2011. This is exactly 7000 years after the flood and a day is like a thousand years to the Lord, so um... next May it is. The logic behind it all is amazing.

I have to admit that I find the rapture stuff kind of exciting. If I believed it, adrenaline would be pumping through my veins. Imagine having the secret knowledge that Obama was about to betray a 2 decade long alliance with Iran and nuke 'em and then be nuked in return by Russia and then... Thrilling!

7 comments:

  1. He's a Catholic Premill. Now I have seen everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the third eagle of the apocalypse is catholic but he doesn't hold the 2011 thing. He thinks it all starts this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man.
    That's two days before our Assembly.
    I'll still have to do my reports, but it may be a waste of time. (unlike the other years, lol)
    I bet they wouldn't give me an extension.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry Gary. I was a bit misleading. May 21 is the rapture. In the months after that the world will end. According to the youtube clips, it's pretty unlikely that you or I will be raptured. We'll need to stick around and endure assemblies, nuclear wars and all sorts of other painful things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Presbyterian Assemblies being great tribulations, now that's a novel thought.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm just hoping it happens before Collingwood win a grand final.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Al,

    Perhaps you should just try to convert the Collingwood team so that they get raptured.

    ReplyDelete