Thursday, January 20, 2011

a prayer

27 Indeed Herod and Pontius Pilate met together with the Gentiles and the people of Israel in this city to conspire against your holy servant Jesus, whom you anointed. 28They did what your power and will had decided beforehand should happen. 29 Now, Lord, consider their threats and enable your servants to speak your word with great boldness. 


I like this prayer. I like that it's not "Lord, consider their threats and keep me safe" but it keeps first things first. "Lord, consider their threats and help me speak your word with great boldness."

I can alter this prayer to suit my circumstances. "Lord, consider my discouragement / weariness / sadness / sin and enable me to speak your word with great boldness.

Now I want to feel the ground shake.

No comments:

Post a Comment