Thursday, February 24, 2011

work

It's heaps of fun at the moment.

My choirs are sounding pretty nice. Van Diemen's Land is the best choir song ever. It's an achievable two parter with lovely harmonies. The kids love it and so do I.

My year 5s are just finishing the semester's work(!). I'll assess them on it next week then move on to what I want to teach them. We'll learn some uke chords then make little recorder/uke/percussion ensembles with 3 or 4 kids in each and they'll choose a piece to perform together. I've asked the kids for suggestions. I imagine I'll be charting up many songs in the next few weeks! At the end of semester I might combine it with some technology stuff and get them to record themselves and maybe make a film clip to go with it. Fun times.


No comments:

Post a Comment