Monday, August 1, 2011

True Colours



On of my year 7s is singing this at our leader's induction ceremony on Wednesday morning. The song ticks all the boxes for such an event:
- parents will know it and get gooey nostalgic feelings
- it says something kind of usefulish for the occasion - courage, you know I'll be there for you, blah, blah
- it can be sung just with piano accompaniment
- I like it (I'd never have admitted it as a child)
- it is cool because it was on glee

I'm pretty excited about it. I love working with kids who sing well. Our principal pretends to be organised and planned, but she's really as spur of the moment as me. She asked this morning if I could pull something together. Of course I said yes. If she had asked me two weeks ago I'd have hesitated.

No comments:

Post a Comment