Wednesday, August 10, 2011

RE Quiz. How many can you answer?

Who am I?

1. I am a king of Judah. I spent most of my reign getting rid of the idols in Jerusalem. My son was not like me.
a. Solomon
b. Hezekiah
c. Joash
d. Jehoachin

2. I was a servant of Solomon and became the first king of the Northern Kingdom of Israel.
a. Hezekiah
b. Jehoachin
c. Jeroboam
d. Mannasseh

3. I am known for my wisdom even though I made some very unwise choices.
a. Solomon
b. Hezekiah
c. Joash
d. Jehoachin

4. I am king of Judah. My evil grandmother tried to kill me
a. Manasseh
b. Hezekiah
c. Joash
d. Jehoachin

5. I surrendered to Babylon
a. Solomon
b. Rehoboam
c. Joash
d. Jehoachin

6. I said "My father scourged you with whips; I will scourge you with scorpions.'" and I refused to follow the advice of my older advisors.
a. Rehoboam
b. Jeroboam
c. Ahab
d. Manasseh

7. I really wanted Naboth's vineyard.
a. Rehoboam
b. Jeroboam
c. Ahab
d. Manasseh

8. I was the worst king that Judah ever had.
a. Rehoboam
b. Jeroboam
c. Ahab
d. Manasseh

9. Which king defeated the the Northern kingdom of Israel and threatened king Hezekiah in the south?
a. King Nebuchanezzer
b. King Sennacherib
c. King Herod
d. King Xerxes

10. Which country did this king come from?
a. Babylon
b. Moab
c. Assyria
d. Israel

11. Which king defeat King Jehoachin and took Judah into exile?
a. King Nebuchanezzer
b. King Sennacherib
c. King Herod
d. King Xerxes

12. Which country did this king come from?
a. Babylon
b. Moab
c. Assyria
d. Israel


13. Apart from Jesus, which king was best?
a. Manasseh
b. Hezekiah
c. Joash
d. Solomon

14. What was the name of the one woman who ruled Judah?
a. Queen Athaliah
b. Queen Jezebel
c. Queen Mary
d. Queen of Sheba



12 comments:

  1. I think I'm sure on about 8, and almost sure on another 3, and guessing on the rest. Which is not as good a score as it might sound considering 1 & 2 Chronicles were in my Bible reading plan last month! All those names....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could answer most of them, but I was unsure about question 13. Surely apart from Jesus, Josiah was the best king? He wasn't in the options. I could make a guess out of those options, but really Josiah is better than those options.

    The rest I can answer. (thanks to my mum who read the OT to me and my siblings every Sunday night while Dad was at church as we were growing up)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruth - yes, you are right. We could only look at 8 kings. To get the balance right(ish) between good, kind of okay and bad we couldn't have both Josiah and Hezekiah. I picked Hezekiah. Glad you could answer them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just tested my kids - and they got all of them, except the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ....although the younger kids called out the answers after the older ones had already answered...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just wondering if you're going to have a follow-up post with the answers or at least tell people who stumble across your blog where to look for them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Post your answers and I'll mark them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty sure I got the lot. I loved those stories as a teenager and read them lots. So much drama! Hezekiah/Josiah would be a hard choice for best but Hezekiah's reign definitely more interesting. It's like the author was there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I won't post my answers, because I'm embaressed by my ignorance. But you have inspired me to read up on my Kings, so I'll know better in future.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ps- is it bad that I'd like to wear a tshirt that said 'I will scourge you with scorpions'?

    ReplyDelete
  11. B C A C D A C D B C A A B A

    Don't think I didn't notice that no one posted their answers. After a cheating incident in RE on Tuesday, I'm suspicious of everyone!

    Ben - 1&2 Kings rock. Do read them! When I read it, I jot down the names of the kings, where they are king of (Judah/Israel) and give them a tick or a cross. I think you should make yourself a scorpion tshirt.

    ReplyDelete