Sunday, October 9, 2011

The last week...

...has been intense.

High points?
- Meeting Bob Kauflin - everyone's favourite American. So lovely and warm and engaging.
- 360 people at Brisbane Twist
- Philip finally arriving. (Only 2 days late.)
- Hanging with great people like Michael Morrow and Mark Peterson and the lovely Sarah Bailey.
- Staying at my brother-in-law's apartment.
- Jogging around the Opera House and gardens.
- Hearing Philip and Sarah's voices blend so beautifully at Pastor's conf on Friday.
- Meeting blog friend Anthony.
- Being spurred on to write better songs.
- Kirsty, Kristi and Janie wearing orange shirts and helping me.
- Conference center Event Manager Katie being uber-competent and nice.
- Not having to pack up much after Saturday - an advantage of using an expensive venue!

Low points?
- Passport stress.
- Conflict between christian people
- sound desk crashes
- using unfamiliar venues in an unfamiliar city
- cleaning up after pastor's conference.
- officeworks. [Tell me. Who would pay $1 to copy a 2 A4 page handout? I needed 500!]
- Neglecting my family
- averaging not much sleep

Overall? I'd do it again next week if I could. And I'd know how to do it better.

3 comments:

  1. 360 people at the Brisbane night? Wow...I was trying to guesstimate the crowd size but I didn't think there were that many....
    Thanks for your hard work in organising it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...I'm right up there with Bob Kauflin ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks totally for doing it...as crazy as it was/is

    ReplyDelete