Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The spammers have gone negative!

At the moment I'm getting around 10 spam comments on my blog a day.

None of them make it past my inbox of course, because I have to approve comments on old posts.

Spammers are usually an encouraging lot. Generally they tell me how great my blog is. Often they ask for advice so their blogs can be as awesome as mine. Last week they started offering to help me write posts. But today the insults have started. What do you think of this?


The next time I read a weblog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me 
as a lot as this one. I mean, I do know it was my choice to learn, but 
I really thought youd have one thing attention-grabbing to say.
All I hear is a bunch of whining about something that you can fix in the event you werent 
too busy on the lookout for attention.

5 comments:

  1. :) I got, "Do you really think that title is working? It is far too wordy! I mean, "...quoted my title...". If you want help with such-and-such, click here...

    Well, at least it's creative! But I like yours better. Very vitriolic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harsh. Obviously, time to lift your game. I trust you are spending hours mulling over where you went wrong...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stay classy, spammers.
    (If you adapt that comment for first year preaching students and give it to them as a comment on their sermons I reckon half of them would give up and most of the others would seek counselling.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What are people doing with their lives that they have nothing better to do than deliberately insult someone...?

    I laugh, I think, I cry, I commiserate, I ponder - I enjoy your site. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blogger automatically filters spam on my old posts. It sends me an e-mail saying that someone has commented (with the beginning of the comment) but when I click on the link to my old post, I'm told there are no comments. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete