Wednesday, January 30, 2013

School

It's started. It's been exciting for one (high school!), boring for one and traumatic for one.

One of our children is grieving all he has lost. There continues to be much sadness. He holds it together in school but then we'll be doing something and I'll look up to find him in tears. I'll be giving a bedtime cuddle and notice that my shoulder is wet. At dinner time I'll suddenly realise that one is crying.

People say that children are adaptable and quickly get used to any change.

I think this is rubbish.

Children are as variable as adults. A child who has lost something precious and realises it will grieve. And so he should.

But it's exhausting. I'm spending hours each day comforting, counselling and cuddling.

Yeah, I've started work too. I've taught the same lesson 12 times in the last 2 days (But it was a good lesson. Was = past tense.)) From next week I'll do two lessons - one repeated 6 times and one 12 times.

I miss my old job too.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing Simone. We'll keep praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good he's not bottling it all up inside. Roll with the grief, I say. I don't think it's realistic to expect to love everything about your new life yet (or maybe ever....).

    When we lived in Cairns, I spent a lot of time crying. Working for Queensland Health might have had something to do with it ;) But the place does take a bit of getting used to as well...

    Will pray that it gets easier for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwhhhhh, sorry to hear that he's finding it tough. Hope things start to pick up for him over the next few weeks. I'm sure it's hard for you as parents to see him distressed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's fortunate to have an understanding parent and shoulder to cry on without being made to feel that he 'shouldn't' be upset because he's a child or it's God's will to move you or...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor boy :( We miss you all too.

    ReplyDelete