Saturday, April 13, 2013

Profile of a narcissistic Christian leader

Thoughts on this?
"A narcissistic leader is a leader that perceive him or herself as central to a group or organization and directs or shapes the organization, often unconsciously, using its people and functions to meet personal ego/life/identity needs.  A narcissistic Christian leader (NCL) uses people and organizations in the same way– to fulfill their own emotional, relational, significance, and status needs– all wrapped up in the supreme purposes of God or under banners of Christian ministry or service to others.
It may look like what I do is for the greater good and I may even give God the glory, but at the end of the day, it’s all about me, my ministry, my good intentions, my legacy, my sphere of influence, my work for the kingdom, my life before God, and more often than not, my career." [worth reading the whole thing]

It is so hard not to be like that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment